Re: Stiff closely packed Long Pips

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Loopfest
State and City: Bois-des-Filion
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Stiff closely packed Long Pips

Post by Loopfest »

MOG1111 wrote: on 02 Jul 2023, 05:06

Hi
i used to use Scylla Sword and before that GD Meteorite. I am pretty good at attacking with LP, but I need a stiff closely packed LP. Not that bothered about effect, just need them stiff enough to hit through stuff.
DTECS is certainly not that rubber.

What is still available similar to Sword Scylla please experts?
Hello,
The higher the PDD (Pip Distribution density) as in densely packed the lesser the speed you will get.
You will only get more spin (both back spin & top spin)
The reason for the PDD reduction regulation of 2004 was to reduce the pip producing capability of pips out rubbers (all types nut mostly for long pips)
This 2004 regulation was one of the 9 rules and regulations changes since 1983 aimed at severely reducing the capabilities of pips so that robotNazis can continue the use of illegal spoosters & spin glues with total impunity
BTW, keeping all other pip design parameters the same, the bigger (or wider)the pips (any pips), the faster the rubber will be & less spinnier

So if you want more speed in your attacks , you want a less densely packed (long) pips.
But this will also produce less spin (Back spin which is the most dominant parameter for long pips rubber, but speed is the most dominant parameter for a short pips rubbers).

I only use rubbers that are not the ITTF LARC .
Because ITTF LARC rubbers are totally useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era
You want a super long & big pip like Mo Avalox or Mo Wang 3 . There may be many from Indonesia as well but I don't know which ones, as I have not tested them. But based on pip parameters I can tell many of them could be quite fast