Re: Combination for modern attacking defender

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Anouchka
State and City: Bredevoort
My blade: Custom
Forehand Rubber: Mercury 3
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Classic defender
Grip: Shakehand

Post by Anouchka »

terso wrote: on September 23, 2023, 02:47
Hello, I would like to know what options I have since I have decided to play with long pips and smooth attack rubber, that is, I want to be a modern attacking player, that is, use the pips for attack as well, even also play out outside the table Therefore, if you know a combination of rubbers and blades, I would appreciate it. Thank you so much.
If you are looking for dysfunctional social rubbers on the ITTF LARC that are totally useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era or production blades, I do not know of any

If you are looking for a super long pips rubber that is functional in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era the only one I know of that comes close is MAgic 77.
There may be one or two Indonesian super long pips rubbers but I have never tried them as I am unable to get them outside Indonesia or Malaysia etc. Most of the Indonesian super long pips seems to designed for close to the table push blcockers.

For blades, there are no good factory made blades useful for the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era
You need to make yourself a custoe blade that is asymmetric for forehand & backhand and is also super large (like at least 170 mm by 170 mm) .

For smooth rubber it is yoru personal preference.
I prefer a sticky rubber to maximize top spin & maximize spin contrast agaisnt the high back spin of super long long pips
Christine V
State and City: Wisbech TT
My blade: 729 Black Whirlwind
Forehand Rubber: DHS Hurricane 9 Green
Backhand Rubber: Se7en 7.01l
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Post by Christine V »

[ntu=deva sarjan] on Sayurday 23 September 2023, 18:31
TSP Curl P1R , VICTAS Curl P1V 0.6, 1.2 and 1.4-1.7mm. Feint Long 3 0.6 mm. DONIC Spike P1 0.6 mm. STIGA Vertical 20 0.6 mm. And BUTTERFLY Feint Long 2, 1.1 and 1.3 mm.thicknesses are both great and ultimate rubbers for long distance heavy chopping.[/ntu]

None of these rubbers are the best for chopping either for the pro or the amateur in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era
Your stsatement is based on the fundamentally flawed premise that only rubbers on the ITTF LARC must be used . Who determines what goes on theITTF LARC ? Who sets the rules & regulations for rubbers for choppers ? Is it a fairminded group of people who truly believe in the diversity of the sport & best presentation of the sport for non-playing spectators ? REALLY ?

All the rubbers mentioned above are pure garbage in the context of the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era due to the 9 rule and regulation changes since 1983 by the robotNazi controlled ITTF deisgned to minimize back spin & exterminate choppers and this has been achieved for the most part on the male side.