My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Gui may be mistaken about Proideal Magician ii being more spinny than Dtec

Post by Simran »

gui wrote: on Wednesday October 04, 2023 at 8.31 PM
Yeah :( very expensive, but some people are saying that this rubber produces more reverse spin than Grass.
First of all Grass Dtec is NOT a chopping rubber.
Now let us not get into why the real GOAT of table tennis switch to it later in his career. He was desperate after so many rule & regulation changes since 1983 and kept searching for his Holy Grail at all the wrong places. If he had insisted on using Feint Long (Classic) instead after 1998, he should not have had any of those close losses to Ma Long or Kong Ling Hui

The highest player using Grass now is Manika Batra, a close to the table blocker (not a chopper) . Even she should not be using Grass Dtec because it is pure garbage in the 40+ plastic ball era. She, Sreeja (& the 600 million Indian women who emulate Manika & also blindly use Dtec) must be using a blocking type high aspect ratio super long pips betetr suited & mission critical .
for the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era.

All that said , take a look at the top of the pips of Proideal Magician ii. They seem to be smoother (frictionless) than Grass Dtec. So that means it will produce less backspin (reversal) than Dtec. Of course Proideal Magician ii will probably more deceptive than Dtec because of lower friction due to glassy pip top. The fully cured version may be more deceptive. So the only way Proideal Magician ii can be more back spinny is if the pips are more flexible than Dtec and or they use some crazy chemical materials to make the rubber or due to its getting cured. The pips are not that close (pip distribution density is not high, which is needed for more spin (reversal) ) . So I highly doubt that Proideal Magician ii is more spinny than Dtec unless you confuse more deception to be more spin.

Please click on links below to read 2 posts to understand pip designs better

Pip Design parameters and how they effect playing characteristics

Pip Aspect ratio detailed calculations
Shenina Prilly
State and City: Tanjungbalai
My blade: DHS Ma Long
Forehand Rubber: DHS H3
Backhand Rubber: Jahanam Criminas X2
Playing Style: Chop blocker
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Gui may be mistaken about Proideal Magician ii being more spinny than Dtec

Post by Shenina Prilly »

gui wrote: on Wednesday October 04, 2023 at 8.31 PM
Yeah :( very expensive,
Actually the National Version on Ali Express is like $188
Click links below
Proideal Magician ii

For that price I can try about 12 sheets , just about every high aspect ratio super long pips available here in Indonesia LOL

Clickon link below for samples 1 USD= about 15,596 Indonesian Rupiahs
BINTIK JAHANAM RAWARONTEXX

BINTIK JAHANAM Poison