Re: TSP CURL, What's the latest news?

As most of you may not know for sure, pips rubbers listed on ITTF LARC are 200% functionally useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section is for discussion about older rubbers from 38 mm ball era & 40- celluloid ball ere that may be still more functionally useful in the 40+ plastic ball era than rubbers designed for 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section also discusses new rubbers that are not listed on ITTF LARC but are functionally superior to rubbers currently listed on current ITTF LARC. Contrary to popular myth ITTF is NOT the sole supreme authority on table tennis & you are free to use these super functional rubbers as you wish. The question of who will play against you is a just only a matter of who are your true friends in table tennis & not ITTF rules or regulations especially at lower levels & especially in tournaments not affiliated with ITTF (incorrectly referred to as “unsanctioned” tournaments)
Margo
State and City: Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round Short pips Block and smash
Grip: cPen (Chinese Penhold)

Re: TSP CURL, What's the latest news?

Post by Margo »

GIANT chinese wrote: on Dec 24, 1994, 12:11:25 PM
Hi all
Being a player with TSP CURL P-3 on my back hand side, I am still confused
if I can use this rubber in 1995. I heard nothing official yet, that it
will be banned or forbidden. So for the time being I will continue to play
with it. Is there someone who *knows* what the ITTF is deciding. And
if it is banned, when it will be officially announced.
groetjes
Yung-Yang
TSP Curl P3 was never banned
An attempt was made to ban TSP Curl P-1 at the 1995 Tianjin BGM but it failed.

ITTF has refused to provide further information on this issue as to what exactly happened in Tianjin & what wa steh vote count & who voted for & who voted against, despite repeated requests over the years