Worst short pips players in history

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Abba Abba
State and City: Kiruna
My blade: Galaxy Yinhe T-9
Forehand Rubber: Friendship Presto Spin
Backhand Rubber: Double Fish DF26
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Worst short pips players in history

Post by Abba Abba »

lasta wrote:December 10, 2019 #9
Guys know any shakehand short pips players to watch?
Takkyu_wa_inochion wrote:December 10, 2019 #10
Mima ITO
yoass wrote:December 10, 2019 #11
Hou Yingchao. :)
Takkyu_wa_inochi & Yoass are sadly mistaken.
Mima Ito & Hou Yingchao are the worst role models because they use short pips on their backhand.
Short pips is NOT a weakside (usually backhand for most players) rubber.
Mima Ito should be using at least medium pips if not long pips (Look at the success of Deng Ya Ping who is similar in physical stature to Mima Ito but Deng Ya Ping used long pips on backhand). Mima Ito is at least as talented as Deng Ya Ping i fnot more but Mima Ito is wasting away using short pips on backhand. I cannot measure Mima Ito based on what she has achieved despite using wrong backhand rubber (short pips) but I can only measure her on her failure to live upto her potential . Reaching semi finals of every major event and then losing is not living upto her potential. In this context she is a failure.
Hou Yingchao is very much the same with short pips for chopping. I could never understand that. Just beating players below top 20 is not living upto his enormous potential given his incredible (almost unreturnable) forehand hook loop.

But of course manufacturers love Mima Ito & Hou Yingchao as they can sell more short pips LOL

Short pips is theoretically the best forehand rubber for those talented enough to pull it off. But as you can see Matttias Falck is one of the very few pros who uses short pips on forehand.
Shalom Alstein
State and City: Haifa
My blade: 729 F-2
Forehand Rubber: Globe 999
Backhand Rubber: Giant Dragon Talon OX
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Worst short pips players in history

Post by Shalom Alstein »

I used to use short pips on my backhand for few years because I was conditioned to think long pips are bad & lot of players won't like playing agaisnt you. But I started to slowly realize how limiting it is and had so many disadvantages .
Then I ran into this webpage which clearly explains why long pips are so much better for backhand