Yann00 looking for the holy grail Re: Request for help to fin the good long pips rubber

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Paul Alan
State and City: Trailblazers
My blade: Stag Hinoki
Forehand Rubber: DHS Hurricane 9 Green
Backhand Rubber: Giant Dragon Cropcircles
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Yann00 looking for the holy grail Re: Request for help to fin the good long pips rubber

Post by Paul Alan »

Yann00 wrote: Wednesday 25 October 2023, 21:52
I am looking for a rubber easy to control, good for block (no need deception), and good at chopping, insensitive to incoming spin on opponent serves. And with good durability
In other words you are looking for a table tennis rubber that will do everything, incuding the cooking & taking out the trash LOL

Seriously there is no such rubber.
Also if you think LARC listed long pips are functional in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era & delude that the robotNazi controlled ITTF knows what is good pips players , you are beyond help.

Before I recommend the proper rubber, let me make something clear.
a long pips rubebr that is easy to control is not good for block
dwruck wrote: on Wednesday October 2023, 23:21
I'm currently using Sauer & Troger Hellfire X. From your description, it sounds like it would be too sensitive to spin, as the grip is higher and is definitely more sensitive to spin, but also provides more reversal in my experience.
I agree with dwruck when he said a rubber such as Feint Long 3 which is good for chopping will also be qually more sensitive to spin.
However dwruck is mistaken about Sauer & Troger Hellfire X & Hellfire. They are really not long pips
Please read thru this forum to get a better understanding of long pips parameters

Below are some links :-
Pips parametric analysis
Pip design parameters and playing characteristics
Pip Aspect Ratio Calculations
Super Long Pips vs LARC Long pips
Social rubbers vs Functional rubbers

A blocking rubber that is also good for chopping is an all round rubber and mostly medium pips.

What is your playing style ? Do you play mostly close to the table (blocking) or mostly away from the table (chopping)
I said "mostly" . So you cannot answer you do both. It is possible but you want to choose a rubber based on what you do for most of your play

I used to mostly chop away from the table but I am trying to move towards mostly at the table blocking now due to natural process of aging and not being able to move like 20 yeras ago.

I am using Magic 77 which the best all around rubber there is . But this is not on ITTF LARC. I do not play ITTF events but if I did I would try to use it with permission from Tournament Director befroehand . If they refuse to allow it but will allow untested illegal spoosting & spin gluing, then it is on their conscience.

You can buy Magic 77 at Ali Express. Click on link below
Magic 77