Very bad idea Re:Blade for double short pips

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Kafaplostis
State and City: Alexandroupoli
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: Two Wing Looper
Grip: Shakehand

Very bad idea Re:Blade for double short pips

Post by Kafaplostis »

Hassi wrote: on Tuesday November 21, 2023
Hello short pip lovers!
I'm an amateur player that is thinking about doing something crazy. I've never really been a fan of the looping playstyle and opening loops has never been my strong point. So why not go for short pips on both sides? I believe I've found the rubbers I wanna go for (der-materialspezialist: spinfire 2,1 and 1,8) but I'm unsure about a blade combination together with double pips.
I've played all different rubber and blade combinations (mostly Stiga since the club I used to play with are sponsored). Stiga Innova, Boost TX, 999T, Sanwei Gears, Short Pips, Long Pips, DHS 7, Allround Classic to name a few.
I'm looking for something fast when I want speed, when punch blocking and smashing for example, but slow and controlled when pushing and passive blocking. I've heard a lot of people talk about 7 ply, that it's the way to go for short pips but what I've read about inner carbon layers really resonates with what kind characteristics I want from a blade. I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough to notice any mayor difference, both 7 ply and inner carbon seem to be fast enough (depending on material ofc).

My budget is around 80€ and the blades I've been mostly interested in has been:
Pimplepark Impetus
Sanwei V5 Pro
DHS 301
Stiga Clipper
Sanwei FEXTRA 7
Can you recommend any of the above blades or something else that isn't listed that has the characteristics I'm looking for? Thanks!
The probability of your success like Johnny Huang with two side short pips as about as high as a serial killer getting away faking their DNA
Using the same type rubber (any 6 rubber types > Spinverted, Antiverted, Short pips, Medium Pips, Long pips or Super Long Pips) is geenrally a bad idea fro any amateur player.
Estelle 2
State and City: Argenteuil
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: Chop blocker
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Very bad idea Re:Blade for double short pips

Post by Estelle 2 »

Get a grip my friend Hassi. Short pips is not a weakside (usually backhand for most humans) rubber.
Click here to read why
It you do not enjoy looping (or you never learned to loop from your youth or too old to strat learning to loop) then fine, go ahead and use short pips on your strong side (usually forehand) .

Short pips forehand & super long pips (or at worst medium pips) on your backhand is the most lethal racket there is if you can pull it off .