Re: What forehand rubber should I get as a chopper?

Most discussion forums (especially table tennis) are full of posters asking the wrong question based on totally false premises or lack of knowledge about the issue at hand etc. This sub-forum is dedicated to identifying such questions & useless & usually hilarious answers in various tableetnnis forums & also shows what the right answer should have been
Edward C
State and City: Cardiff
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: Shakehand

Re: What forehand rubber should I get as a chopper?

Post by Edward C »

Jaydynite wrote: on Saturday December 22, 2023
What forehand rubber should I get as a chopper? So far I tried Tenergy05, Tenergy05 hard, and Dicnics 09c. To be honest, I can't really tell which one was better.
As for my forehand, I chop 30% of the time and drive away from the table 70% of the time.

Are any any rubbers that you recommend? Are are any advantages with sticky rubbers like the Hurricane 3 as a defender?
Why do you think you qualify as a chopper ? To start with what do you have on your backhand ?

You need to read the post below first
Spin continuum, spin contrast , Spin Dynamics etc

If you want to be a chopper, you MUST have super pips on your weakside (usually backhand) to survive in the 40+ plastic ball oNLY era.
So then for your forehand you do not want a real sticky rubber if you only chop 30% of the time.
You choose a rubber that suits your game of 70% of your forehand attack.

Read the following webpage to learn how to design your racket

Holy scripture of racket design