Different rule sets for different (age) groups?

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
ShahDW
State and City: Casemates
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

Different rule sets for different (age) groups?

Post by ShahDW »

I am of the belief that all children should start with spinverted (short for spinny + inverted as opposed to antiverted) rubbers.
In some countries like China I hear that only spinverted rubbers are allowed in children's events.
Even though I do not really buy this story, the reason given is to prevent youth from leaving the sport because they are supposedly frustrated by rubbers that are not spinverted. The level of this so-called "problem" varies from country to country. For example I hear that in Taiwan more & more children are taking up pips or anti because of pressure from parents to win etc. In India I hear almost all girls are taking up long pips because they want to imitate Manika Batra etc
So assuming you want to give children the benefit of the doubt, in your opinion what is the youngest age that a child should be allowed to take up anteverted or any pips rubbers? 14 or 18 etc?
To answer that also consider this fact > Only a small % humans are capable of becoming future two winged loopers (maybe 10% ?) and I won't get into my reasons here
Would it make sense to limit all youth events to spinverted rubbers only but allow the youth to use any rubber in general all age events?
Would it also make sense to allow veterans (now called masters > those over age 40) to use banned rubbers such as frictionless pips only in master's events (or masters' only tournament such as the one coming up World Masters' Championships in Rome in July 2024) but not allow those rubbers in general all age events or tournaments?
As much as you all would want to convince yourself, tabletennis just is not a spectator sport in most countries except perhaps Germany or China especially now that chop defenders have been totally exterminated on men's side. I am by no means suggesting that 50% players should be chop defenders ……..that would be ridiculous. But it is definitely ridiculous from a spectator viewpoint to have 90% matches to be third ball or fifth ball comedy of errors between two illegally boosted up loop attack players. . Older players support this sport. There will be 6000 players in Rome. If you held a masters tournament in India or China you will likely get 10000+ players. But the current rules are blatantly discriminatory against older players (& of course against chop defenders in general age group and I have no doubt that the pip length, pip density & pip aspect ratio must definitely be increased even for general events to promote more chop defenders. I did not ask to allow ask for frictionless pips or anti to be allowed in general age events..........but allow them only in masters' events).
There is no doubt at all in my mind that the same set of rules absolutely do NOT work for all types future pros (or youth) , past pros (or masters) or current pros (or general all age group)
cheng leanc
State and City: Beijing
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Different rule sets for different (age) groups?

Post by cheng leanc »

I saw this posting on TTDaily briefly but was deleted quickly
Amazing level of pips & older player oppression in these ITTF worship forums (TTDaily, MyTableTennisNect & OOAKForum)
Dan & UpsideDownCarl, shame on you