Gozo Aruna coming out of denial & on to the divine side. Re: The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Faizah
State and City: Seremban
My blade: Boer Lion
Forehand Rubber: Bomb Bombard Soft
Backhand Rubber: Gambler GXM Oh-Toro
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

Gozo Aruna coming out of denial & on to the divine side. Re: The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

Post by Faizah »

Gozo Aruna wrote: at Tuesday, March 12 . 2024 7:27 AM Post #1 on TTD
It may be a mock / jest on his part, but with my struggle at reading spin on serve return, this path seems very tempting, very very tempting indeed.
This is great news. Coming out of denial is the first and most important steps to recovery.
However the proper phrase is "Divine Side" not the "Dark Side"
The phrase "Dark Side" is used by robotNazis to humiliate & belittle players on the divine side.

Anyway, don't waste your time with anti. Don't be an Honorary Looper
Antispin is the second worst rubber for your backhand (short pips is the worst)
Here is why (click on link below)
No short pips or anti for backhand please

Just go with blocking type super long pips (non treated) like (Click on links below)
AVALOX MO Super Pips
REACH C8 or C801 Super Pips Mushroom Type
Globe Mo Wang 3 Super Pips

My cousin uses Magic 77 but this is more of a chopping type long pips & may not be suitable for you if you are close to the table blocker

I heard most of Indonesian Super Pips are treated. I do not recommend them as they violate Rule 2.4.7
Almost all double inverted players violate Rule 2.4.7 by using illegal boosters & spin glues but that does not mean you should also violate Rule 2.4.7 because two wronsg don't make it a right even though ITTF said only boosting and spin gluing was illegal (under common law) butITTF never said pips treating was illegal and ITTF said it only violates Rule 2.4.7 & therefore not approved. There is a clear difference in ethics & common law illgeality)

You will have lot more fun with your journey on the divine side for sure
Dorra Hafsia
State and City: Ettadhamen[
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Gozo Aruna coming out of denial & on to the divine side. Re: The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

Post by Dorra Hafsia »

There is nothing wrong or shemeful in admitting that your backhand is weaker than your forehand.
For almost all humans backhand is the weakside in all racket sports.
No shame is admitting that. It is not your fault but just is the nature of human physiology or anatomy or whatever.

The European two side the same lawn tennis model was valid in the hardbat days but carried over to the sponge domain but the truth is coming out more & more as it is becoming obvious that the double inverted European (North American & Austarlian) lawn tennis model is not at all valid in table tennis because long pips were invented to enhance chopping style , just as spinny inverted was invented to enhance looping style. But now long pips are also valid for blocking style & there is no same in using it as robotNazis would want you to believe.
The India & Taiwan long pips model is increasingly becoming popular. It won't be too long before Europeans coaches start facing the facts & start children with long pips as early as possible & work backwards for any two winged loopers instead of going the opposite way.
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)

Re: Gozo Aruna coming out of denial & on to the divine side. Re: The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

Post by James Z »

blahness wrote:on Tuesday March 12 at 7:49 AM Post #16 on TTD
The reason why Gozo is not really suited to the inverted BH because he is very far away from getting the true benefits of the modern inverted BH (safe, heavy spin opening loops, topspin rallying and chiquita), but is suffering from all of its cons especially on service return.
Blahness, for once I agree with you 200% for most of youe statement (especally about serve return) except for the fact that Gozo is not the only amateur with this problem
80 to 90% amateurs thnk they can develop backhand like the pros. But the fact remains that even most pros do not have a complete backhand.
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)

Post by James Z »

Ultravisitor wrote:on Tuesday March 12, 2024 9:25 AM Post #18 on TTD
Don't get LP because they have other Pitfalls in the Receive, especially no spin serves. An anti slows the backhand down very much, I think it takes alot of training to get uses to it.
From personal experience with all types of rubbers I think short or medium pips are King if you want an easier Receive, while still being able to play offense from the bh. Counters and smashes are still easy if you need them.
To name some that I think could work:
Yinhe uranus poly
Yinhe pluto
Friendship 802 Mystery iii
Friendship 563
Dawei 388c
Sorry no. All these can be good forehand (strong side) rubbers but useless on the weakside (bakchand for most)
Please click on webpage below to undestand why
Choosing a weakside rubber