You go girls (of India) !! Collapse (& impending demise) of Euro Double Inverted Lawn tennis Racket Model

Highly technical & extremely controversial topics. Not for the faint of heart
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

You go girls (of India) !! Collapse (& impending demise) of Euro Double Inverted Lawn tennis Racket Model

Post by James Z »

Recently I was reading a German Table Tennis Forum where someone was complaining about how India was flooding youth events with tactical rubber (pips / anti) players.
Click here to read the article

This completely opened my eyes as to how I have been brainwashed for close to about 30 years by the ITTF with the double inverted racket model for table tennis based on a false premise of lawn tennis model for the sport. To explain this further I need to first address two concepts
1. Weakside (backhand) – strong side (forehand) reality of racket sports
2. Neuro Science interpretations about table tennis

Weakside (backhand) – strong side (forehand) reality of racket sports
It is important that you understand this clearly first.
Please click here to read this article that talks about this in detail.

To summarize , the older lawn tennis model of equal forehand & backhand is not valid even for table tennis itself, because lawn tennis has moved on (with very few exceptions) to two handed backhand model pioneered by Bjorn Borg (son of a high level lawn tennis player Rune Borg & the very reason how Bjorg Borg even started to play lawn tennis).

Now let me briefly explain the Neuro Science interpretations about table tennis
It has been claimed by table tennis for years that table tennis is the best brain sport for both ends of human life span > by supposedly promoting faster brain development for children as well as for therapy for Neuro Cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons , Dementia and so on.

But there is a conflict here.
The older equal forehand -backhand European model was perfectly fine during the hardbat era of table tennis before 1952 because afterall the sport of table “tennis” itself is named lawn “tennis”. This was fine for the most part because In far east Asia most people were playing penhold style which somewhat accidentally correctly accounted for the forehand dominance of table tennis (more than any other racket sport) . Though this Asian model for table tennis has been refined in the 1990’s with the advent of the Reverse PenHold Style(though still backhand is the weaker side but a little less) .

Anyway about the conflict > The conflict arises because based on the weaker backhand model for table tennis , the new third model to play table tennis by identifying the weaker (or different in sty;e ) backhand issue & designing rackets to correct (or adjust) for the weaknesses in backhand or enhance different style of play for backhand. Because most TT players in reality are NOT good at looping using their backhands but maybe good at blocking or chopping. This is somewhat similar to lawn tennis switching to two handed backhand more than 40 years ago.

So my point is this. If table tennis is a brain (development) sport (especially for children) , shouldn’t children be using the tactical thinking combination racket model from their earliest age with inverted rubber on one side & long pips rubber on the other instead of using the false robotic mindless looping model of lawn tennis that seems to be based on the false belief that human forehand is equal to human backhand
So this is why I am saying that the Indian (junior) girls are revolutionizing the sport of table tennis by correctly learning from Indian women (pioneers being Neha Aggarwal Sharma & Manika Batra) that a combination racket & not the double inverted racket is the proper racket standard for all children & especially older adults as well.
Hopefully the Indian girls will educate the Indian boys to make the switch to the proper racket , the intelligent tactical racket for table tennis instead of using the robotic double inverted macho racket , which is based on a false model of thinking.
It is also the duty of the Indian girls now to educate adult Indian men, especially the older men to switch to the proper thinking person’s table tennis racket, the combination racket with inverted (or short pips or anti) on forehand side and long pips on the backhand side.
So in conclusion the double inverted racket is the vermin that is poisoning the blood of the sport of table tennis , firguratively ........and literally (illegal boosting). And it is not the combination racket that is the problem. In fact the combination racket is the best solution because it is actually the best for the fastest brain development of children from a neuroscience perspective. Allowing children to start with double inverted rubber rackets is double child abuse (blocking faster brain development & booster health issues) & allowing older adults (ages 40+) starting new in table tennis to start with using a double inverted racket is elderly abuse
P.S.: Yes the rumors are true. I do keep a copy of Marty Reisman's book "The Money Player" by my bedside.
Last edited by James Z on April 2nd, 2024, 9:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
Loop 4 ever
State and City: Racine,WI
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Re: You go girls (of India) !! Collapse (& impending demise) of Euro Double Inverted Lawn tennis Racket Model

Post by Loop 4 ever »

Der_Echte wrote: on Sunday March 31, 2024 6:20 PM #23
I have always advocated for LP players. When ITTF banned frictionless, literally every nation copy/paste the ittf laws into theit national assn laws... and forced out a large amount of players. In USA, we need every damn body we can muster. LA area, bay area, Dallas, NYC, Florida always gunna have a base, but the rest of the nation really struggles to make any TT action. We need everyone.

Der_Echte
This is news to me. If this was the case why were you a card carrying member of Rev Larry Hodges' cult ?
Or is it that you are a political opportunist just like Rev. Larry Hodges ? Because you see that the tide is beginning to turn in favor of tactical player using combination rackets in India and now you are suddenly urging everyone in USA to switch as well.

Though it may seem tramparently pathetic, if you mean it, it is a good start getting yourself deprogrammed from brainwashing by Larry's cult
Pip Blocker
State and City: Brønnøysund
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: You go girls (of India) !! Collapse (& impending demise) of Euro Double Inverted Lawn tennis Racket Model

Post by Pip Blocker »

There is no shame in admitting that you cannot loop on the backhand. In fact no shame in admitting that you cannot even loop on the forehand.
But the problem is that robotNazis use relentless pressure into trying to convince someone that you are somehow a less of a human being if you cannot use the so called "normal" rubber racket and engage in robotic looping.
Rajesh
State and City: Manchester
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Rajesh »

I had no idea of the level of relentless abuse, harassment, humiliation , subjucation & marginalization of pips players by the robotic double inverted loopers. I have not been aroun that long but it is hard to belive this has lasted like 30+ years
Prema
State and City: Diglipur
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Prema »

It is not entirely impossible but trying force oneself to loop on the backhand is just as bad as a player with a shaky hand insisting one being a neuro or brain surgeon.
However it is probably possible for the same person if they have all other mental skills but can use robotic surgery ti be still a great surgeon.

Is it possible for a 5 feet 7 inch person to win the NBA Slam Dunk Competition ? Highly unlikely but has happened

So I have to agree. Most humans have a weaker or a different style backhand compared to forehand.
Yet ITTF wants to force the double inverted European illegally boosted looping model down everyone's throat