State and City:
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Spein Gluing & Boosting are not victimless crimes > Second hand effects

Post by Unboost »

I see dozens of posts in ITTF worship forums where posters complain that boosting or spein gluing are harmless and ods not hurt anyone and therefore must be decriminalized.
Problem with kind of thinking is this
1. Second hand effects > You may think you are hurting yourselves but you could be effecting your family member, spectators or other players (This is not according to me but is according ITTF)
2. ITTF has no authority to decriminalize > ITTF only stated that spein gluing & boosting are unhealthy. But they don't test at all levels. So it is quite possible local authorities can prosecute an individual player for persistent violations & criminal negligence & this individual player can also be sued by other players for civil damages. . At the international & national levels, all officials of ITTF or their affiliates can also be prosecuted the same way & also sued for damages. There may be statutes of limitation for certain civil issues but I don't think for reckless homicide such as death due to lung cancer / tumor etc.
3. Performance wise players who do not spein glue or boost are also indeed the victims. ITTF has already tilted the playing field in favor of boosted loopers with 11 rule and regulation changes since 1983 to oppress pips / anti players. So the ratings can be severely skewed in favor of boosted loopers. But of course the boosted loopers will whine & complain to ITTF that pips / anti players have material advantage & ITTF of course passes more rules & regulations to protect the boosted loopers. Take for example the 11the rule change at AGM 2024 this year in above list. ITTF increased the maximum allowed rubber thickness from 4.00 mm to 4.05 mm because the boosted loopers complained that the expanded sponge is causing this (keep in mind however Rule 2.4.7 prevents players from boosting itself LOL) . But what does the ITTF do ? They bend over backwards to accommodate the boosted loopers and increase the maximum allowed rubber thickness from 4.00 mm to 4.05 mm. This is as hilarious as it is so sad because iTTF whines to no end about wanting longer rallies for spectators but they do the exact opposite by increasing the sponge thickness to even maximize their & fifth ball attacks to quickly end the point. If ITTF truly wants longer rallies they should reduce the total rubber thickness from 4.00 mm to 3.5 mm to slow down the sport, not increase the sponge thickness

Spein = Speed + spin
Slythern
State and City: Mullumbimby
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round loop & block

Re: Spein Gluing & Boosting are not victimless crimes > Second hand effects

Post by Slythern »

Your post is misleading
Because I thought ITTF allows use VOC free glues & boosters
Bengerd
State and City: Zurich
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round

Re: Spein Gluing & Boosting are not victimless crimes > Second hand effects

Post by Bengerd »

Slythern wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:58 pm Your post is misleading
Because I thought ITTF allows use VOC free glues & boosters
LOL you thought wrong my dear you silly boosted friend.
You are wrong on many counts.
Even if ITTF said it is was OK to reglue (they never did) , it does not mean everyone obeys the rules & use only VOC free glues.
This is what the loopers who boost or glue wants eveyone to think.
Also there is 0% testing for glues & boosters at the lower level.
It is as if the health of a lower level means nothing.

More importantly Rule 2.4.7 clearly prohibits all & any forms alterations to rubbers by the player once it is purchased.