Twiddler > My racket is the holiest. Your racket is most evil Re: Has table tennis in the US gotten worse?

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Obstrusal
State and City: Chicago,IL
My blade: Butterfly Andrei Grubba
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Yasaka Anti
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: American ( Seemiller / Boggan)

Twiddler > My racket is the holiest. Your racket is most evil Re: Has table tennis in the US gotten worse?

Post by Obstrusal »

Twiddler wrote: on Friday April 5, 2024
Table tennis is too complicated with the spin, long pips etc... It's not fun so it will never grow.
Some people like complicated sports but not the regular person looking for fun and exercise.
??
Table tennis is too complicated with the spin,
You mean except for boosted top spin ? OMG ROTFL WTH
long pips etc...
Except for the anti spin of course .
It is always the case of my racket is the holiest & your the dirtiest
I am sorry this is hypocrisy at its worst .
You were in your prime in the late 70's when long pips arrived in table tennis.
So you should know & understand better than anyone, the very purpose of the invention of long pips & what type of players they were for.
The original intended purpose of long pips was to enhance chopping play with more back spin just as illegally boosted inverted enhances the play of loopers. Nobody intentionally introduced long pips into table tennis because it was deceptive.
Yes deception is an unfortunate byproduct of long pips but lot less illegal (potentially criminal) than the illegally boosted inverted rubbers.
And let us not forget how the anti you are using also has evolved into. Anti was also not developed as a device of deception.
But from the context allowing older folks enjoying the sport and giving children as a better entry point into the sport than double inverted unhealthy & illegal boosted inverted as is being increasingly demonstrated by young girls of India (& Taiwan), combination racket with long pips & anti are more useful & valid than double inverted rackets .
This requires more explanation as to why the double inverted European boosted rubber lawn tennis model has started to collapse after 30 years of brainwashing of table tennis players.
Please click here for the topic thread in this forum for more details

Or is it that you are just angry at long pips just as Marty Reisman was at sponge ?
It is pretty sad that true American legends of the sport want to be associated with such hatred & nonsense

Hardbat was definitely awesome before sponge arrived. Sponge domain table tennis is far from perfect as demonstrated by your posting .
But Marty Reisman,, as great as he was unfortunately continues to brainwash people even in his demise as revenge & retribution against the sponge domain for his perceived failures (though I don't see him at all that way) .
Hardbat was great when it lasted but is just garbage now in the context of sponge domain.
It's not fun
You mean your own definition of fun for yourself such as looping & suddenly twiddling your racket & creating horrible spins with your anti side ?
it will never grow.
Failure of table tennis to grow in North America has very little to do with complexity of a sport or such as long pips etc
It is more of a cultural thing. Table tennis is mostly viewed as an Asian commie thing & not even considered a sport but a silly basement game in North America. And people in North America & Far East Asia referring to it as "ping pong" has not helped it any either.
American football is probably the most complicated team sport there is but fun for me to watch (though I was not even born in USA) just as table tennis is probably the most complicated individual sport there is
So how do you explain the success of American football ?
Last edited by Obstrusal on April 6th, 2024, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herb Y
State and City: Dusseldorf Tisch Tennis
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: Two Wing Looper
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Twiddler > My racket is the holiest. Your racket is most evil Re: Has table tennis in the US gotten worse?

Post by Herb Y »

Obstrusal wrote: April 6th, 2024, 4:01 am
Failure of table tennis to grow in North America has very little to do with complexity of a sport or such as long pips etc
I have to agree.
The former ITTF president Thomas Weikert deperately tried to push TTX by turning table tennis into pickleball & hardbat.
It is a massive failure
Loop Lob
State and City: Spokane,WA
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Twiddler > My racket is the holiest. Your racket is most evil Re: Has table tennis in the US gotten worse?

Post by Loop Lob »

Table tennis is too complicated
Even at the lowest levels of hardbat or sandpaper let alone sponge domain, spins & serves of table tennis are vey complicated due to the sheer spped of the sport.
In some ways table tennis is like swimming. Unless you start at a young age & learn, the probability of sticking with the sport is very low.
Most other countries except Canada & USA have programs in schools.
It is even more surprising about Canada because they are stuck indoors for most part & hard to belive that hockey is the only thing they do LOL