EJ ? for medium pips Re: Is BRS still in denial ?

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Flat Kill
State and City: Mar-a-Lago
My blade: Yinhe T9
Forehand Rubber: DHS H3
Backhand Rubber: Mo Avalox
Playing Style: All round Short pips Block and smash
Grip: Shakehand

EJ ? for medium pips Re: Is BRS still in denial ?

Post by Flat Kill »

BRS wrote:Hey, hope you all can help me EJ ...

Setup now is acoustic carbon lg with rozena fh and flashback MP bh. Problem is I have zero skills blocking dead/short with longish pips. I get no practice or coaching right now so hoping to improve it by EJing.

I love the fh, but feel like the AC is too fast for blocking with MP at my woeful skill level. Wondering if I get a slower blade, with a faster or bouncier fh rubber than rozena, can I net some bh improvement without losing a lot of fh quality?

Maybe the all-wood acoustic with T05 or D05 fh?

I don't know, what does the collective wisdom of OOAK say ?
I would not be going by what the collective cluelessness of OOAK says
Because short Pips & Medium pips are NOT backhand rubbers
Short pips is theoretically the best forehand rubber if you are talented enouigh to use it (or a penholder from youth with proper training) but is short pips is the worst backhand rubber
Click here to read why
Lexie J
State and City: Chalon-sur-Saône
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: EJ ? for medium pips Re: Is BRS still in denial ?

Post by Lexie J »

I agree.
I used to be afraid of being shunned by robotNazis and ashamed to admit I was a honorary looper like you but once I realized how much I have been brainwashed by the robotNazis into thinking long pips is bad, the transition to long pips was easy.

Medium pips may be a little better for backhand than short pips for backhand but long pips are far superior for your backhand,
Yes the learning curve is steeper but is worth the effort.