City & State: Podolsk
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: Shakehand

Smart & Dumb Rackets & Coaching Malpractice

Post by Lyanka »

Based on the Human physiology / anatomy limitations of backhand & Neuro Science interpretations of table tennis It is necessary to define easy names to remember going forward for realistic & fraudulent racket designs for table tennis. This is essential for defining Coaching Malpractice in table tennis
Anyone can learn to play the basement "game" of "ping pong" in less than an hour butthe formal sport of Table Tennis, even at the competitive beginner levels is one of the most complex individual sport (if not the MOST cmplex) there is. This is due to the extremely complex rackets used in the sport and given that this is one of the fastest racket sport there is and clearly more complext when it comes to diverse spins. Some say this is bad but it is what it is . So if you want to play competitive table tennis, it is crucial that you do not waste your time using the wrong racket type to start with. The definition of beginner racket has changed in the last few years though should have changed at least 25 years ago , if not 40 years ago but unfortunately the robotNazi controlled ITTF has brainwashed the players & even coaches into promoting the wrong racket type as the best for the beginners, especially children coming to the sport.

Dumb rackets :- Generally applies mostly to rackets used by amateur , especially newcomers. These rackets have same type rubber on both sides, usually mostly spinny inverted rubbers. Occasionally you may also see some rackets with short pimples (with sponge) on both side as well but rarely see rackets with antispin rubber both sides or long pimples both sides. Hardbat (short pimples with no sponge or OX is noy included in this defition since hardbat is an obsolete rubber type and should not be used by anyone unless you are over age 80 years old, based on arrival of sponge in 1951) . In some countries Dumb rackets are also known as Half Rackets or 50% rackets because dumb rckets only use half the maximum possible potential of a racket. For example a double inverted racket is top spin oriented or double short pips racket is smash oriented or double long pips racket is backspin centric etc. A penhold (or American grip) racket using a paint sheet is possibly the worst type dumb racket because it is worse than a dumb racket with rubebr both sides but this could be the best Smart RAcket by simply using an OX long pips rubber instead of the paint sheet

Semi Dumb rackets :- These are rackets usually with inverted one side & either short pips or anti spin on the other side. Occasionally these also can be anti one side and short pips on the other. Lot of players mistakenly believ that semi dumb rackets are smart rackets. But unfortunately short pips , anti or inverted in any combination in a racket design is not a smart racket design though still better than a dumb racket design. However the advantages are minimal due to low spin contrast among these three rubber types

Semi Smart rackets :- These are rackets with so called long pimples listed on ITTF LARC on one side & any other rubber type on the other side . Keep in mind that these are still mostly dysfunctional rackests for the most part because the so called long pips on the ITTF LARC are mostly uselsss in the 40+ plastic ball only era due to the 11 rule and regulation changes by the robotNazi controlled ITTF since 1983 to severely limit the choppers over and over. Semi-smart rackets however are still better than dumb rackets & semi-dumb rackets any day for amateur players.

Smart rackets :- These are rackets with pimples NOT listed on ITTF LARC on one side & any other rubber type on the other side

Dumb Rackets refer to hardbat and double inverted top spin centric rackets based on the bizarre assumption that two winged robotic mindless loopers (robotNazis) are the supeior athletes in table tennis . In all fairness it may seem unfair to include hardbat, it indeed does make sense to include it in the dumbness definition after say 50 years of sponge domain table tennis. This also addresses the fraudulent stupidity of definition of the dumb racket as *normal* racket of regular* racket , when in fact it is the exact opposite.
This definition dumb rackets mostly applies to new & amateur players ^ not to most profesiional level (or close) players
DD (Double Dumb) rackets refer to double inverted rackets that are also illegally boosted or spein glued.
(Spein=Speed+ Spin. Originally it was referred to as speed gluing but though speed and spin are both increased, It is spin that is increased more as research has shown from way back on 80*s) .

Keep in mind that smart rackets can provide backspin not just as from chopping style but also from blocking style. But ITTF had been desperately struggling to limit this backspin first by at least successfully exterminating choppers on male side . But still it is a big struggle. How many rule changes can you make ? You have already done 11 since 1983.
These are also called Smart Spin or Super Spin or Double spin because they cover the entire range of spins (top spins & back spins) for the competitive, tactical & complete enjoyment of the sport rather than robotic looping using Dumb rackets or illegal Double Dumb Rackets. which limit the player to only 50% of the sport (of table tennis) whose most distinguishing characteristic compared to other sports is its powerful & addictive spins. Though unfortunately ITTF had been limiting the sport to just top spins with its constant & endless rule & regulation to limit back spins using the lame & false claim that they are limiting ONLY deception.
Another sub class of the Smart Rackets is the HS (Hit Spin) racket which is short pimples on one side (usually forehand) for flat hitting style & Long Pimples usually on other side usually backhand (in rare cases inverted on backhand as for (HPG) (Hybrid Penhold Grip) players like Liu Guo Liang. However keep in mind that the same racket is mostly a dumb racket in the hands of a shakehander using inverted on forehand and short pimples on backhand & these players are known as honorary loopers .
Of course all this will make you extremely angry if you have been brainwashed & manipulated by the ITTF into traditional but fraudulent mode of thinking. This dumb racket model of limiting spins just to top spins only may have made sense even 25 years arrival of long pimples & anti around the mid / late 70*s. This also made sense earlier because after all *table* tennis is modeled after *lawn* tennis & it made complete sense in the hardbat era & even up to 20 or so years before & after the mid / late 70*s when long pimples / anti were introduced. But lawn tennis itself has moved on to the two handed backhand in the 70s recognizing the limitations of human backhand. Whereas ITTF has continued to con the players 25 or so years after say 2000 using the dumb racket model claiming that it was the *normal* racket & you can be considered a *normal* player or even a normal human being only if you use this dumb racket.
I don*t blame you for getting angry. Admitting that you were brainwashed & manipulated (by the ITTF) is a hard pill to swallow. But I am ashamed & embarrassed to admit that I was brainwashed twice by the ITTF once as a naïve & clueless player who believed the dumb racket was the *normal* racket & then as a coach who was led to believe by the ITTF that children should start with using the so called normal racket which is actually a dumb racket based on human body model of weak ( or different ) backhand & neuro science models of brain development for children as well as applied to older adults with neuro cognitive disorders. I have to thank the Indian girls & women for opening my eyes on this issue.
Of course the defenders (pun intended) of the dumb racket model will claim that since most players want to use only dumb rackets. But the simple fact of the matter is that most of these players have been brainwashed into believing that the dumb racket model is the ONLY valid model for table tennis. While the fact remains that most of these players cannot even loop on their forehand let alone their backhands. 90% players (at best 80%) have no backhand loop & probably have a better styles such as blocking or chopping style on their backhands but the looper controlled ITTF does not want that because of the chopper & blocker nuisance players using long pimples or anti, while in fact most of these players who control the ITTF & think they are two winged loopers are probably not even one winged loopers LOL.
So in conclusion any coach who still subscribes to the ITTF*s dumb racket model of table tennis is engaging in serious coaching malpractice & it is in fact double child abuse ( if you take into account illegal boosters & spein glues) & elderly abuse.
So if you are thinking in the traditional brainwashed mode you will say *But this is crazy. Children should not be using long pips when they start. They should be using double inverted* . But obviously that is not most children want as demonstrated by Indian juniors. You just think a dumb racket is the best for children , whereas it really is not for many of the reasons I have explained above, You have been brainwashed by the ITTF into this thinking that the dumb racket is the *normal* racket. Yes it is very hard to de-program yourself from this mode of thinking.
One can also claim that children should be coached starting with dumb rackets because that is the winning style. Yes that is the winning style but not because it is the best or ethically fair style. It is the winning style only because ITTF has constantly manipulated the rules to limit the smart rackets under false & lame claims of deception and in effect robbing the 50% of spin (back spin) from both pros & especially amateurs. Most players think the dumb racket is the *normal* racket because they have been shamed into believing that & submitting to that false premise.
If a child demonstrates exceptional backhand looping skills later on, the coach can always switch that child to a dumb racket later on. But given that the probablility of any human having a better backhand is realistically less than 10% or at best 20%. Therefore my point is that children should start with smart racket first from the perspective of faster brain deevlopment and not with a dumb racket first Simply because most robotNazis consider smart rackets a nuicance is simply no excuse to force a child to use a dumb racket
Last edited by Lyanka on May 25th, 2024, 2:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Lyanka
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Smart & Dumb Rackets & Coaching Malpractice

Post by Lyanka »

Please refer to following topic for more information
You Go Girls of India
Mayara
City & State: Dundee
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: Two Wing Looper

Post by Mayara »

I thought the dumb racket users consider themselves to be the superior athletes simply by their choosing dumb rackets ? :)
Randell
City & State: Niedernhausen
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Randell »

There is lot lots of discussion in German forums on this as well, Click on link below

India floods youth tournaments with smart racket players
Lyanka
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Lyanka »

One can understand ITTF's behavior even after 20 or even 30 years of introduction of smart rackets but the abuse of smart racket users has gone on long enough & this must stop now. In this context the Indian girls led by Indian women are pioneering a revolution in the sport.
Vikio
City & State: Wainuiomata
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round

Post by Vikio »

Lyanka wrote: May 16th, 2024, 1:21 am
I don*t blame you for getting angry.
Your post will make dumb racket users so mad but they should understand because they have abused the smart racket users for more than 30 years & the truth is always painful.
Talk about arrogance & calling the dumb rackets as "normal" rackets
OH well
Shalom Alstein
City & State: Haifa
My blade: 729 F-2
Forehand Rubber: Globe 999
Backhand Rubber: Giant Dragon Talon OX

Post by Shalom Alstein »

Are you sure ITTF even undestands that backhand is not a naturally top spin friendly side for most humans ?
I doubt it.

Even if they did I don't think the robotNazi controlled iTTF really cares because they consider pips & anti to be nuisance rubbers though they would never admit it.
Lyanka
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Lyanka »

I am not blaming the ITTF for most humans having a weaker or different style backhand.
It is just the nature of the huma body & it is nobody's fault per se & lawn tennis has recognized this 50 years ago and moved on with two handed backhand

But the problem is the robotNazi controlled ITTF trying to convince every player that they should only play top spin only on thier backhand because smart rackets are a big nuisance
Ping Bord
City & State: Skärholmen
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Ping Bord »

Is it nice to call them dumb rackets ?
Block out
City & State: Charlestown of Aberlour
My blade: Dawei ST-1 Carbon
Forehand Rubber: Double Fish Athlon 2
Backhand Rubber: Palio CK531A
Playing Style: All round defensive

Post by Block out »

Ping Bord wrote: May 19th, 2024, 1:38 am Is it nice to call them dumb rackets ?
Absolutely yes .
Because the robotNazis have humiliated , abused, bullied, brainwashed & degraded pips / anti players calling them "material players" , "junk players" etc & pips players have no skill while two winged loopers are the only "normal: players in table tennis.
All this is based on the false premise that human backhand is equal to their forehand for ALLplayers.
Boost Loop
City & State: Carindale, QLD
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Grip: cPen (Chinese Penhold) TPG (Traditional Penhold)

Post by Boost Loop »

Another reason why the dumb racket is promoted in the sport are the manufacturers.

Inverted rubbers cost a bit more compared to pips & anti.
Also inverted rubbers need to be replaced quite often.
Pips / anti rubbers need almost no replacement at amateur levels.
Block out
City & State: Charlestown of Aberlour
My blade: Dawei ST-1 Carbon
Forehand Rubber: Double Fish Athlon 2
Backhand Rubber: Palio CK531A
Playing Style: All round defensive

Post by Block out »

BTW , it is worth clarifying that the phrase "dumb rackets" is not limited to a racket with smooth spinny rubber both sides only.
If a racket has anti spin rubber both sides , it is also a dumb racket
If a racket has short pips rubber both sides , it is also a dumb racket
If a racket has so called long pips both sides , it is also a dumb racket

A smart racket will have different types of rubber on the racket
James Z
City & State: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: jPen (Chinese Penhold) TPG (Traditional Penhold)

Don't be brainwashed by robotNazis Re: Smart & Dumb Rackets & Coaching Malpractice

Post by James Z »

New players, don't be brainwashed by the ITTF & the robotNazis who control the ITTF.
The brainwashing is icessant, calling double inverted dumb racket users as "normal" players, as if smart racket users are not "normal". robotNazis will also beliitle, bully, harass , degrade & humiiate smart racket users calling them "material players" or "junk rubber players" etc or weird racket users and so on.

Almost all amateurs , especially newcomers to the sport, should NOT be using dumb rackets

Believe me . I know . I was brainwashed TWICE. Once as a player first for about 12 years or so and then if you can belieev it , as a coach & tournament director for 25 or so years

Save you soul & sanity.
Start using a smart racket