Tony'sTableTennis & Carl recommendataion on "Best footwear for a beginner>

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
PsiBeta
State and City: Leeds
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Tony'sTableTennis & Carl recommendataion on "Best footwear for a beginner>

Post by PsiBeta »

Tony,
I appreciate your thoughtfulness in the matter below when you commentedas below in another thread

I suggest you to also have some good medical/personal insurance for that matter.

I do suggest you to play wearing shoes though.
Other than injury prevention, you will have better grip and better movement. Which is key to proper technique and higher level play.

I know there are may be lots of readers out there who may interpret your injecting a comment from this thread into another thread TWICE as something slick. But I absolutely assure you I am not one of them

In fact I know you only care 100% about my health & finances and not anything else, even though I never said in my reply that I was actually playing barefeet and only said as to WHY I preferred to play barefeet & also explained that the rec center I play does not allow barefeet .

I know I know I get your brilliant reverse logic now. I think you are saying that you “thought” I was trying to play barefeet at a professional facility and not a recreational facility.

And I also appreciate your comment about my being able to play at a higher level in the future like a professional facility like your where so many top players play and you mention in every post. I am so flattered that I am actually blushing. though I will ever be that good to be able to play with shoes in a professional facility like yours or CNT (with no barriers if I may add) .

However I am TOTALLY confused about one thing though (Sorry but I do not have experience in this sport like you(Tony) or Carl)..
Carl, you told another poster they are are fine playing barefeet but you Tony tell me that I should not play barefeet . Is it because you think you consider myself highly talented enough to play at a professional facility like yours but someone new is not ? If so I accept your (Tony’s) compliment.

However I am still curious to know as to where or if it says in the rules or regulations that barefeet is illegal in tournament play.
I would appreciate if someone lot lot more experienced than me in the sport can explain.

Thanks
Rish Sunak
State and City: London
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Tony'sTableTennis & Carl recommendataion on "Best footwear for a beginner>

Post by Rish Sunak »

Isn't recommedning to play barefoot irresponsible ?