State and City: Bonn
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Cult Leader's never ending confusion about ITTF rules and regulations

Post by George Voppw »

On 29 Aug 2015, 22:25, Cult Lea=der wrote as follows in OOAK forum in the thread called :- Samson Dubina on Boosting in Table Tennis (but his comments on this thread are about his proposal to have the Frictionless Pips Ban of 2008 repealed)

I know he held a number of ITTF positions in the past, but when I look at the various directories now, I don't see him on the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, nor the Equipment or Rules Committees. He's only on the nine-person President Advisory Council.

The Executive council comprises of all the above committees, including the Advisory council. So if a vote is taken, not only Scholer would have a vote but he would have considerable influence & can strongarm the other members as he did with the Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre of 1998 (Keep in mind that
if I am not mistaken the Aspect Ratio Reduction change failed miserably as a rule change proposal at Tianjin 1995 BGM but a relentless Scholer managed to pass it as a "regulation change" at Durban in 1998. The vote was as close as can it be, something like 19-17.....the total of 36 people included everyone on executive council NOT just equipment committee...........because there are not 19+17 = 36 members just on equipment & rules committees. Scholer learned this trick that he can backdoor his changes as rules instead of regulations because once he figured out this with Durban change, he did the same with Pip Density Reduction change in 2003 & Frictionless pips ban in 2008. And of course I am reasonably sure Scholer was on equipment committee when he made these 2 changes with last one 2008. but cult leader is talking about where Scholer was in 2013 or so)

Then Cult Leader also says :-
Now if this were my big issue, I'd see a golden opportunity. I'd first look for supporters on the key committees that Scholer is no longer on.

Does not matter. As I said, the Executive council comprises of all the above committees, including the Advisory council. So if a vote is taken, not only Scholer would have a vote but he would have considerable influence & can strongarm the other members as he did with the Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre of 1998 (Keep in mind that

Then Cult Leader also says :-
(The fact that Sweden was behind it before tells me that the idea has at least some supporters.) I'd start by contacting the Swedish members -
Sweden may have influence but don't forget they made an incredibly stupid proposal in early 90's I believe when Swedish Dream Team 2 was at the top, proposing that two sides of the racket must be of identical. Of course it failed.
Then 10 years later they make the FP ban repeal proposal that is 180 degree turn around of the above proposal to support Fabian Akerstrom
Truly hilarious

Even more hilarious but sad is the fact that though Sweden made above two proposals to support their men's team, Petra Sorling refuses to adjust the Aspect Ratio to a fair value of about 1.5 for the 40+ ball to support Swedish female chopperLinda Bergstrom. It is funny because ITTF & Petra Sorling talk about diversity but Sweden supports only its women players but not their woman player. If that is not hypocrisy on the part of Sweden & Petra Sorling , I do not know what is.

Of course the funniest part of all this is that the cult leader's bizarre claim that he supports the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre because it will protect the children from evils of long pips with 1.3 Aspect Ratio but not 1.1 but then he supports the repeal of the Frictionless Pips Ban as if it won't effect any children at all. I wonder if anything can get more illogical than this