No more serve net lets please...... Re: check out this wild cheating!

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Jeff K
State and City: Manassas, Virginia
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

No more serve net lets please...... Re: check out this wild cheating!

Post by Jeff K »

Stilltt wrote: on Wednesday October 12 at 11:56pm
another event feeding the rule change getting rid of the net: after it has bounced on the server's side, same rules as in rallying apply; no more net serve and replay!
I have no comment about this incident in the video whether it was cheating or not.
However it was an interesting twist because it is usually the receivers who cheat by calling lets especially at deuce in the deciding game.
This is why I have been proposing what Stiltt proposed for more than 10 years now.

Looks like someone even made a request to National associate to make a rule change proposition at AGM 2024
Proposal 4 in the list below
Click here to view that request which also contains many othe interesting rule & regulation change requests.
Dont's miss it
Last edited by Jeff K on October 13th, 2023, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff K
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Check out this wild lashing out by BRS Re: check out this wild cheating!

Post by Jeff K »

penholderxxx wrote: on October 11 at 12:32am
yo, where is the cheating ?
I think you are wrong
Being Asian you should have understood how bribery is part of Asian cuture
Ms.Ghorpade paid a bribe to the umpire . they worked out this system where she will use two lets to unsettle her opponent and then suddenly pull off a fantastic serve to win the point. Quite diabolical indeed. Yes those two serves were precisely planned by Ms.Ghorpade to look like a borderline let .

I cannot believe you take BRS seriously . He is known to have a short temper and lash out without thinking stuff thru & this is one of his such posts.
Jeff K
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

NextLevel shows off his lack of understand of rules as usual Re: check out this wild cheating!

Post by Jeff K »

NextLevel wrote:
balldance wrote:insane... they are not even close (to a let). The umpire should have done better than just following what the player wants.
Lazy umpiring combined with player abuse of traditional TT etiquette.
HELLO,
Why are you blaming the player (server) ?
After the first let call by server, the umpire must have reminded Ms.Ghorpade (or her opponent) that she has no authority to call a let on her own serve when an umpire is present. The second let should have resulted in award of the point to the receiver but I doubt Ms.Ghorpade would have called a let the second time if she had been warned after the first let.

Receiver calling lets when an umpire is present is a little more complex but players do it somewhat often & results in confusing situations because the receiver claims they were not ready etc.

Anyway this is yet another reason (server calling lets on their own serve though this is a weied one) why there should be no lets for serve in table tennis (& tennis) if the serve is otherwsie good. There are no service lets for edges. Why have lets for only serves ?
I have heard ridiculous stories with claims that a server will purposely hit the net (as is the case of bizarre claim by BRS here) and or dribble the ball over the net but I doubt even a pro can do that consistently. Anyway there is also a proposal request in this webpage for doing away with flimsy clothe nets as well for this very reason
Jeff K
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: check out this wild cheating!

Post by Jeff K »

But tt was indeed pretty funny to see Ms.Lutz getting upset at Ms.Ghorpade for her missing the serve on earlier let .
It was more funny to see Ms.Ghorpade laugh it off as if she did indeed "plan" two lets (colluding with the umpire) to mess with Ms.Lutz LOL

The whole match had more drama because the French coach seemed to be upset at the Indian coach after this (I am not sure though if it was due to this or something transpired before that incident).

And at the end of the match there seemed to be more drama between Ms.Lutz & her coach , as the coach seemed upset with something.

If you freeze the frame at 26:56 you can see the French coach getting annoyed.
If you freeze the frame at 26:58 you can see both Ms.Lutz & Ms.Ghorpade sort of laughing and having a good time.

All in all we all had a good time. Thank you BRS.