Re:- Custom Blade For Someone Returning To Sport

Most discussion forums (especially table tennis) are full of posters asking the wrong question based on totally false premises or lack of knowledge about the issue at hand etc. This sub-forum is dedicated to identifying such questions & useless & usually hilarious answers in various tableetnnis forums & also shows what the right answer should have been
Ningal
City & State: Rockville, MD
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: cPen (Chinese Penhold) TPG (Traditional Penhold)

Post by Ningal »

on Tuesday May 21 , 2024 at 12:46 PM #1
Hi friends,

I’ve recently started playing table tennis again after a very long break (~15 years haha). I play once or twice a week, so pretty casual player. I’ve bought a stiga bullet pre-made blade, and while its not bad I do remember when I used to play back in the day with custom made blades they were a lot faster and had more spin (I like to play offensively). What combo would you recommend for ~$80? I tried looking myself but the choices and combos are more then overwhelming :)

For context: I live in the US so I’d have to be able to ship it here and ideally would be from one of the retailers that glue the racket for you! Oh and I have shakehand grip.

THanks!
Most of the answers you received are wrong but few correct.
ColesTT.com is a good place to buy.

However all the wrong ansswers you received in TTD assume that all new players must start in the sport with dumb rackets . This is very bad advice because this is how most players & coaches have been brainwashing new players into believing that all new players must start in the sport using only dumb rackets.
This theory had been proven totally wrong with recent developments in the world of table tennis.
Don't be brainwashed. Please start with a smart racket.
Thoma
City & State: Shadwell
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Post by Thoma »

LOL
You will see 1000s and 1000s of posters in ITTF Worship forums just dishing out advice without fully analyzing the unique nature of each requesting players situation.
95% of these players giving advice do not have enough experience in the sport and / or severely biased against smart rackects & these players have no business giving out advice in a sport like table tennis where racket designs are extremely comlex & very unique to each player and situation