Reach C801

As most of you may not know for sure, pips rubbers listed on ITTF LARC are 200% functionally useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section is for discussion about older rubbers from 38 mm ball era & 40- celluloid ball ere that may be still more functionally useful in the 40+ plastic ball era than rubbers designed for 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section also discusses new rubbers that are not listed on ITTF LARC but are functionally superior to rubbers currently listed on current ITTF LARC. Contrary to popular myth ITTF is NOT the sole supreme authority on table tennis & you are free to use these super functional rubbers as you wish. The question of who will play against you is a just only a matter of who are your true friends in table tennis & not ITTF rules or regulations especially at lower levels & especially in tournaments not affiliated with ITTF (incorrectly referred to as “unsanctioned” tournaments)
merlin el mago
City & State:
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Reach C801

Post by merlin el mago »

Hey guys, just to share that now Reach C801 is available with sponge 0.5 0.8 & 1.0 I asked the seller about what kind of hardness is: soft, semi hard or hard, when I receive news I will let you know.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
14,84€ | Reach Elegant Hero C-801 Ping Pong Rubber Long Rubber Monster Rubber Cover
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eyw2zmz

I think are very very good news because I will try with sponge to see if can't damp a lot the reversal & use fast blades to power the forehand. Guys I feel very very excited.
Ping Bot
City & State: Beersheba
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round defensive
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Reach C801

Post by Ping Bot »

merlin el mago wrote: October 11th, 2024, 8:45 pm I think are very very good news because I will try with sponge to see if can't damp a lot the reversal & use fast blades to power the forehand. Guys I feel very very excited.
Did you say you will use super long pips on your forehand ?
That is very interesting.
Because I have never heard of many people who use long pips on forehand except some penholders
What do you use on other side ?
Last edited by Ping Bot on October 16th, 2024, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merlin el mago
City & State:
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Post by merlin el mago »

I'm sorry, English isn't my native language. I guess using long pips with sponge will damp the speed of long pips allowing me to use a faster blade to power inverted forehand. Another things that I have to improve is to do twidling for defense or for attack that's will up my level what that's need time.
Ping Bot
City & State: Beersheba
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round defensive
Grip: Shakehand

Post by Ping Bot »

merlin el mago wrote: October 16th, 2024, 12:11 am I'm sorry, English isn't my native language. I guess using long pips with sponge will damp the speed of long pips allowing me to use a faster blade to power inverted forehand. Another things that I have to improve is to do twidling for defense or for attack that's will up my level what that's need time.
Sorry, what I meant ask was :-

What are the two rubbers on this racket.
One side is C801
What is on the other side?
You said C801 mostly on your forehand. Is this true?