City & State: Palm Cove , QLD
My blade: Huieson S3
Forehand Rubber: Bomb Raider Tension
Backhand Rubber: Giant Dragon Cropcircles
Playing Style: Loop & block
Grip: Shakehand

Original intended purpose of invention of long pips & anti spin

Post by Loop Spinner »

I would like to clarify something even more basic & historical.
I don’t think most pips & anti players , even the older & experienced ones are old enough to know the original intended purpose of arrival of “long” pips (now banned) & anti in the sport of table tennis.
Both these rubbers were originally introduced for away from the table choppers & not at the table blockers. So initially the emphasis was the ability to handle the loops with more control & then more with spin reversal & then spin amplification (with now banned “long” pips) .
Therefore the original intended purpose never included trickery or deception or to enhance the ability of these rubbers to be used by close to the table blockers. Personally I am not against specialized blocking rubbers even without taking into account the fact that it takes a lot of skill & athleticism to master this. This is in the context of 12 rule changes after 1983 to exterminate choppers. Of course since the illegally boosted loopers have been brainwashed into believing that only their style of play is athletic & beautiful to watch (especially the 3rd ball finishes) & since boosted loopers control all aspects of the sport & councils & committees of the ITTF, pips players have also been brainwashed into believing that ITTF is a corruption-free organization that truly believes in the diversity of playing styles. And these clueless pips fools don’t realize the REAL reason for ITTF not banning all pips & anti, which ITTF easily could. These pips fools don’t understand why ITTF wants to keep them under total ITTF control but slowly make rule & regulation changes to further & further limit the capabilities of pips (like 12 times since 1983).
Anyway, the claim that more spectators would prefer to watch the comedy of errors of third ball attacks between two illegally boosted loopers rather than matches with longer rallies between a pro blocker & illegally boosted looper is ludicrous. I am not even talking about a match between a looper & a chopper , which is the most exciting at the highest levels on male side, since (so called long pips) choppers have been successfully exterminated on the male side & I am sure ITTF is working on ways to exterminate them on women’s side as well.
Those who make these false claims give the examples of how ugly it is to watch a 90 year old grandma with blocking pips beating up on a 10 year old looper at 1500 level. What these players do not want everyone to understand is the simple fact that at the lower levels players are not playing to entertain the spectators as is the case at pro levels. The older player is still able to enjoy the sport using blocking pips or anti. And the ITTF’s brainwashing that all children should start with dumb rackets is also a fraud because most children (at least girls) in India no longer want to have anything to do with dumb rackets. The problem with ITTF’s brainwashing that children should.
Anyway if I am not mistaken, the first real long pips arrived around mid 1970’s. I believe the anti arrived a few years earlier and accidental anti may have been around from 1950’s itself when sponge first arrived in 1951 Vienna, WTTC (Sponge became better known in Bombay 1952 WTTC because Satoh won) . When I say accidental anti , I am talking about the years when sponge rubbers were still evolving and or any players were using dead rubbers (both top sheet and or sponge) but had no clue.
But anyway, all you pips fools please feel free to continue to be in denial & live with the delusion that “long” pips still exist in table tennis & ITTF is the most virtuous organization that cares about all playing styles & wants to maintain a level & fair playing field for all styles.