Re: Best Inverted Defenders Rubber for Backspin?

Most discussion forums (especially table tennis) are full of posters asking the wrong question based on totally false premises or lack of knowledge about the issue at hand etc. This sub-forum is dedicated to identifying such questions & useless & usually hilarious answers in various tableetnnis forums & also shows what the right answer should have been
Lyday
City & State: Whangārei
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: jPen (Japanese Penhold) TPG (Traditional Penhold)

Post by Lyday »

K.K wrote:On October 7, 2024 at 1:16 PM #1
hey everyone, one of my clubmates plays an untypical defensive game with two inverted rubbers .
The question is wrong because there is no such thing as playing a defensive game with a dumb racket
A dumb racket (as applied to amateur levels only not pro level) is a racket with same type rubber both sides such as double inverted rubber or hardbat etc. Don't use it.

The smooth spinny rubber is meant for the offensive play style. But for a defensive play style a spinny smooth rubber is a joke .
First of all it is not at all efficient for back spin. Second everyone knows how to play against it. Therefore smooth rubber is a huge liability unless you use it for the purpose it was primarily intended for, which is to loop like mad using it.

So her best choice is to use a smart racket with OX slim pips on backhand for blocking etc.
A smart racket has two different types of rubber on both sides.
She can use spinny inverted on forehand if she loops a lot or has very spinny serves.
If she does not loop but only wants to play block and smash, she must use wide pips on her forehand.

Don't listen to advice on forums like TTDaily.
Lot of clueless posters there pretending to play super coach.
Ping Bot
City & State: Beersheba
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round defensive
Grip: Shakehand

Post by Ping Bot »

LOL I wondered the same thing when I have heard few people claim they can chop with inverted in this day and age.
Even the pro choppers cannot chop uisng long pips agasint the powerful loops from boosted players these days